Rainbodhi Online Workshops
Connect with LGBTQIA+ teachers and Rainbodhi friends from all around the world with interactive our online events
Rainbodhi Care & Share Dharma Practice Group (Monthly)
We are a peer-led study group which usually focuses on a 5 – 10 minutes multimedia presentation. It could be reading an excerpt from a book, or watching a short video that related to the messages of Dharma.
Why do we need a Care and Share Study Group?
We’re easily distracted and always busy with lots of responsibilities and activities, so we may often forget to engage in self-reflection. The idea for this study group is to Hear/Watch > Reflect > Practice
- Short meditation (10 mins).
- Sharing of video clip or an excerpt from a book (10 mins)
- Small group discussion. (20 mins)
- Personal in-depth reflection in silence(10 mins)
- Sharing with group the ways we can apply the Dharma in daily life. (30 mins)
- Dedication of merits (5mins)
This group meets on the last Friday of every month. Next session: Friday 27th May at 7:30pm (UTC +8)
This session is being run by Rainbodhi Singapore. The 7:30pm time given is Singapore time. Make sure you check your timezone
Sydney: 9:30pm | Perth: 7:30pm | Bangkok: 6:30pm | London: 12:30pm | Paris: 1:30pm | New York: 7:30am | Los Angeles: 4:30am
Rainbodhi Community Events in Sydney
Meet your community face-to-face with our in person events in Sydney.
Curator Tour: Hidden Rookwood Sculptures
Join Rainbodhi LGBTQIA+ Buddhist Community for a special walking tour of the HIDDEN Rookwood Sculptures exhibition.
Hear about the ways in which spirituality and queer identities have informed the lives and practices of featured artists during this special walking tour with Rainbodhi members, the curator Kath Fries and exhibiting artist Lachlan Warner.
Sunday 18 September
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Meet at 1:50pm outside the Rookwood General Cemetery Office, 1 Hawthorne Ave Rookwood, next to All Souls Chapel.
- Please wear enclosed walking shoes, and bring a hat, sunscreen and refillable water-bottle.
- Photo credit: Kath Fries, Curator’s Tour with Leisa Sage participatory actions, HIDDEN Rookwood Sculptures 2019.
HIDDEN Rookwood Sculptures:
HIDDEN is an annual outdoor sculpture exhibition that takes place amongst the pathways and gardens in one of the oldest sections of Rookwood Cemetery. The exhibition is a unique opportunity for artists to engage with the cemetery’s contemporary relevance, and invites the public into these layered narratives while exploring the diverse cultural heritage of Australia’s largest and most historic cemetery. See the HIDDEN website formore info.
Share & Care Facebook Group
Rainbodhi Share & Care is the place to connect and support our international community online. This is an interactive spiritual friendship group, a good place for discussion and sharing articles and upcoming events that matter to you and our community. Keep in touch and please reach out if you need anything. Share and Care!